Every Thanksgiving there is an arts and crafts show in Gatlinburg that displays the talents of local craftspeople of the Great Smoky Crafts Community. The arts and crafts show focuses on beautiful art and useful handmade tools that are available for purchase.
Arts and Crafts Show Dates, Times, and Fee
The show is six days long, lasting from Nov 21-26, and is an interesting and educational way to spend some holiday time. On weekdays, the craft show will be open from 10 am to 5 pm, on Friday and Saturday it will be open 10 am to 6 pm, and on Sunday it will be open 10 am to 4 pm. It’s also free to attend.
A Wide Variety of Arts and Crafts
Artists and crafters make a wide variety of crafts including:
- Quilts – Hand-made quilts are an integral part of the Smoky Mountain area culture, and the quilts that are displayed continue that culture.
- Pottery – Potters create dishware, vases, pitchers, and more.
- Candles – Candles are hand-dipped and scented.
- Leather Goods – Items such as wallets and purses are made with Native American designs.
- Paintings – Artists paint natural Smoky Mountain scenery with a touch of the whimsical.
- Wood-working – Crafters create wooden ornaments, boxes, and baskets.
- Jewelry – Crafters make handmade gold and silver jewelry with semi-precious stones.
- Christmas Gifts – Santa dolls, ornaments, and hand-painted glass blocks are a few of the Christmas items that you can choose from.
- Glass – A glass artisan makes glass pendants, marbles, sculptures, kaleidoscopes, and more.
Holiday Gifts and Fun
Thanksgiving is the official time to start Christmas gift shopping. At the Great Smoky Thanksgiving Arts and Crafts event, you’ll find one-of-a-kind handmade gifts for friends and family that they won’t find anywhere else. You can even give your dog special, handmade gifts such as homemade treats, beds, pillows, and apparel. The Great Smoky Thanksgiving Arts and Crafts Show really has something for everyone.
Even more, crafters are on-site demonstrating their skills and are available for questions. The event will be held in scenic Gatlinburg, Tennessee, so the drive is sure to be beautiful and the stay, peaceful. The Great Smoky Thanksgiving Arts and Crafts Show is sure to delight the whole family.